Changing Accountants is not a decision to be made lightly, however working with the right Accountant and Professional Advisers can make an enormous difference to your business and personal financial situation and future. Not only is being with the right accountant a tax
We hear all the time, “I am not particularly happy with my Accountant, but I’ve been with him for 10 years, he knows my business inside and out and it’s too hard to change”.
Actually, it’s not too hard to change and we have been able to assist many businesses and professionals in the process of switching their accounting work over to us. Quill Group is made up of a team of over 60 in house specialists that are experts in business accounting, bookkeeping, financial planning, insurance, business taxation services and superannuation. We would be more than happy to help ensure you are with the right, but more importantly the qualified accountant, that can assist you with your financial situation.
How to find out if my Accountant is right for me
Ask yourself the following questions. If you answer yes to a couple or more, you should start thinking about changing Accountants.
• Has your business out-grown your current Accountant or are they not performing? Are you not receiving the assistance, technical knowledge and timely advice you need to grow your business, or improve your personal situation?
• Is your Accountant reactive rather than proactive?
• Are you receiving surprise bills which are not budgeted for?
• Is your work not being completed in a timely manner or being lodged on time?
• Are phone calls and email communication not being returned in a timely manner?
• Are you always dealing with different staff members and no one appears to know your business/personal situation?
• Do you feel that you are not receiving value for money?
• Is your Accountant using antiquated software/processes and are not offering efficient IT options for your business?
What’s the process of changing accountants? How do I change accountants?
Making the decision to do it is the hardest part, so the process is relatively simple:
1) Find the right Accountant for your business. Use the questions above to assist you in your choice.
2) Be courteous and let your current Accountant know by phone call. Providing any positive or negative feedback is always helpful.
3) An ethical letter is sent by your new Accountant informing of the change and requesting any records which are required. Your new Accountants will manage the change for you.
4) Transfer of knowledge. This may take a little bit of time and you need to be prepared to invest in this process. Keep in mind that although this may feel a little tedious, your new Accountant has fresh eyes for your business/situation and a new approach and their advice will be invaluable.
So, if you’re in need of positive change and would like to discuss your situation, please contact us. We will meet with you free of charge and together we will work out if we are the right fit for you.
We are a skilled and experienced team and put a strong emphasis on assisting with growing your business and improving your personal situation, not just compliance. With Financial Planning, Superannuation, Law and General Insurance all in house, we can look after all aspects of your financial situation.
“The only way that we can live, is if we grow. The only way that we can grow is if we change. The only way that we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we can become exposed is if we throw ourselves out into the open. Do it. Throw yourself.” ― C. JoyBell C.