If you have been using auto super in Xero payroll prior to August 2017, you will need to update all your registration details and confirm the terms and conditions. Xero are improving the automatic superannuation function to make it easier for you to manage, track and pay your contributions. As a result, Xero is moving to a new superannuation payments clearing house. To make sure you can process super payments without any worries, you’ll need to update your superannuation registration in Xero by 28 August.
Updating your superannuation registration in Xero is simple and should take just a few minutes.
- Login to Xero.
- Navigate to the Superannuation tab.
- Make sure there are no batches in pending approval or approved pending processing.
- Click on the Update Registration button and follow the prompts below:
Update your registration
- In the Payroll menu, select Superannuation.
- Click Update Registration in the banner.
- Click Get Started.
- Check your ABN and Legal/Trading Name are correct and click Next.
- You can update these details in your organisation settings.
- Select and add authoriser details as needed including their name, Phone, and Email. Then click Next.
- Select the bank account you will use to make direct debit payments for super for your employees. Then click Next.
- Review the terms and conditions:
- Financial Services Guide
- Product Disclosure Statement and Terms and Conditions
- Payclear Direct Deposit Agreement
- Select the confirmation checkbox.
- Click Register.
- Once your registration has been reviewed, you will receive a notification about the outcome. This notification will also be sent to the subscriber and nominated authoriser. If your registration changeover is successful, you will be able to start making super payments using auto super straight away.
- For a demo of updating your registration, watch this video.
- If you need any assistance with this, please call our office on 07 5528 2000.